Destiny Fashion Designs



Someone on Twitter asked if he could use my Sentinel design for a t-shirt he could wear to GuardianCon...I think I got paid in exposure...which I'm kind of ??? about. On one hand, I can't believe I didn't ask for like, two bucks for it so I didn't look like a sellout, but on the other hand, I am a sellout and art isn't a career for me as much as it's a hobby - I'm pretty happy with my current job as is even though I can only keep it until graduation and my boss keeps asking me to do unreasonable things and I had to undergo a background check which was by far the most terrifying email I ever had to experience and then some. But lol in the end, I think I'm just really happy/honored that someone would want my art on a shirt? No ones ever liked my stuff before so...

On another note, I decided to make this post a dump for all the fashion concepts I've had for Destiny in general. Which isn't that much - I'm honestly only interested in the Alchemist's Sweater design I made. The Trials Leggings were based off the hunter armor for Y3 Trials - I really love the way the Trials symbol wrapped around the legs, so I tried mimicking that to my best ability (which is none, actually; I'm an English major, not fashion, not art, not graphic design - English). I had a brief idea of pairing the Trials Leggings with a matching croptop because those were the rage back then, but I didn't have the time, so I posted the design on Twitter without much thought.

I think I'd like to make more designs in the future - I've got plenty of ideas (Hunter Headscarfs would be a wonderful and I think it'd be nice for any Muslim fans who'd like a fandom-like headscarf, especially since so many NPCs in Destiny actually wear headscarfs? I'm not sure because I don't want to step on anyone's toes/culturally-appropriate). I've had ideas for hats too, since none of the current Destiny hat designs catch my interest (my friend said that I look like a fuccboi whenever I wear a snapback and even though that was my aim, I'm not a huge fan of the whole lion/snake/raven motifs because of Harry Potter trauma). There are also button ideas! Destiny has such an amazing graphic design team that I feel like they're ignoring their potential, but Bungie probably has great plans for them, besides, buttons/enamel pins aren't as fun as clothes I guess. Not to mention that there's probably tons of agreements with the graphic designers so maybe that's why they won't use their full power, haha.

Comments